Sunday, January 11, 2009

Don't Be Modest

Heya, Sports Fans!!!

Happy New Year! I can't believe that we're already in 2009. I graduate nearly 7 years ago. That is a long time, if you ask me. So, what's new with me you ask? Let me think...

So, I spent the holidays in Berlin Germany, and it was a really good time. We left on the 15th of December and came back on the 6th of January. While we were there, we spent a lot of time wandering around the shops in the city. Berlin was so much colder than London. We went with Jessi's brother to the nicest cocktail bar in Berlin where I had two, count em', two Absinthe cocktails that cost 9€ each. Quite expensive, but well worth it.

Christmas was good. I got some really nice clothingz. I got a nice sport coat, a vest, a fancy hat, a really nice European wallet, a CD of The Band, and the Woodstock DVD. I was shocked to get so much, and felt really happy to be around such generosity.

The New Year was a fun time. We went to the usual gathering at the house of a friend of Jessi's. We enjoyed each other's company, and then went berserk with fireworks after midnight. It was a good time.

On the 6th, we flew back to London. I had no trouble getting back in, which was a huge relief from last year. So, I am back in London. I saw James for a day, which was nice, but the time we spent together was far too less. He flew back the day after I got to see him. It really made me miss everyone back home so much.

As far as my band goes, I talked with Pete, and he had spent time looking for musicians and a producer to help him record a solo album. He says it won't interfere with what we are doing, but I am still sceptical. I haven't met with him yet, but I'm already feeling slightly estranged. I'll keep with it for the moment, but I am definitely not afraid to seek out other things. London is full of great opportunities.

So yeah, that is where I'm at, at the moment. I have been working on getting more songs recorded to keep busy. I recorded a really lo-fi version of a song I wrote called ‘Manic Says’ and it's on my Myspace music page. Here.

Hopefully this year is a good one. I have high hopes for 2009.

Greg

5 comments:

Macao said...

Hello cheesy potato. I am really excited for this year. Let's make a great one out of it.
I really hope your music gets its' boat out off to sea this year!! We want to see you all on everyone's hottest magazines in town. The song is great and you have to record the Betty song now. They all should hear it!
I hope we gonna get our answer from the home office soon. I want to know where we are standing so we can make some plans!
I love you long Tim
Muah

Macao said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jarrard said...

ooo! the thyme we spent together was much too little. little thyme

Bridger W. said...

It's odd to me that you're well into your second year over there. No kidding, it still feels like last night that I was dropping you off at your mom's apartment for the final time.

Erin Anderson said...

IT'S BEEN FOREVER SINCE YOU WROTE ON YOUR BLOG? DID YOU FORGET HOW TO DO IT? UPDATE US! WE NEED IT :)